Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lal Subah Female and Duet Versions.


Though Sanjeev and me initially wrote Lal Subah as a male solo , during the course of producing this song, I met this really really cool and talented girl from Vancouver, Reecha Tripathi. I helped Reecha with a couple of demos, and if all goes well, we should be hearing a lot about Reecha from Bollywood soon. My best wishes are with her.

I recorded Reecha 's voice on Lal Subah twice. Once in the key of C#, once in C. Since i wrote the melody with male vocalist on my mind, it was impossible to incorporate female vocals in the same Key. Ideally I would have re recorded Reecha in the key of Bb, with a totally different arrangement (piano, saxophone, tabla) , but she did really well in C and C# as well.

So without much ado.. here are the two versions


Lal Subah Duet:

Subscribe Free
Add to my Page

Lal Subah Reecha Solo:

Subscribe Free
Add to my Page

No comments: